|Route 66 was our guide|
|Kids and a chair|
|Just chillin' on my shoulders|
|Nice relaxing porch|
|America's Best Campground - nice place|
|Our site on the hill|
|The pool was well used by the kids|
It was our first official 2-week stay anywhere. It was nice having extra time to actually relax at home and still go out and do things:
- No pictures, Mandie, Paige, and Logan went with folks from the rally to the College of the Ozarks (aka, Hard Work U) where the students work off their tuition at the school
- More no pictures, Mandie and Paige went with folks from the rally to the Titanic museum
- Still no pics, but Paige went to an IMAX movie with rally folks
- Finally pics! The 4 of us went to the "Top of the Rock" cave tour (a bit of a misnomer- there want much caving to it!)
All ready to go in our golf cart Our first cave The rules specifically forbid swimming, but these folks had their swimsuits on Lots of water falls LIES. All LIES. Pond/water inside a cave See that drink Paige has? We bought it at the "Bat Bar". Very overpriced. The grounds also house a golf course View of Table Rock Lake They also had a museum, but we didn't go
- And pics again, we went to Branson Landing for a day of shopping and dinner out
Look at that parking job! Shoe shopping for Paige Drinks for Mandie Crawdads for me And Ridemakerz (playing not buying!) for Logan Dancing fountains
- And, of course the rally where we were one of 40+ families; where our kids would leave to go find other kids to play with; where I ran (yes, my fat ass ran) between buckets and pretended to empty a black tank with a pool noodle; where we had an 80s prom; where we made new friends and the kids made new friends; and where people understood this wanderlust in us. And. so. much. more.
Pre-rally Pot Luck Making New Friends - http://greenheartadventure.blogspot.com/ Road Working dads commiserate together We got our first taste of a Krispie Kreme Hot Now doughnut Connectivity & Apps Coffee session Mandie Hosted a Tweens Get To Know Each Other night Session on Escapees SmartWeigh and the importance of weighing your rig Looking back at this photo, Logan said "I love her. And I love her." Taco Night! I won't lie- a little jealous of this setup. My beautiful family Parachute Ranger off of the camper My budding photographer 80s Night was a hit! The boy can DANCE.
(Photo credit: Jason Liske)
An amazing group of fulltime families
(Photo credit: Jason Liske)
- We finished the week out by taking Paige to go zip lining at Branson Zipline.
Sissy- afraid of a little ole bear Ok, not a sissy - she's totally bad ass. No fear! I only got to see a couple of ziplines that she did, but it looked like fun! All smiles. Super-duper high up there. Look close, she's freaking waving!
|Click to watch|
|Kit Contents - anchors, nails, straps, hammer, and bag|
|Anchor in use|
|Anchor and support pole in use|
|The holy grail- unlimited data|
By the time our departure day rolled around, we were genuinely sad to go. But, the wheels keep on turning on this house of ours and we made our way to Kansas City to visit with Mandie's aunts, but that's a blog post for another day.
As usual, this is just a smattering of picture. There are many, many more pictures on Flickr from our time in Branson (in addition to the rally pictures above).